Sunday, March 24, 2019

Lost & Found

Several things around here seem to have gone permanently missing or are put away so well I may never find them. I suppose it is not surprising with all the disruption the last few months with having the floors done and then the unexpected washer disaster as well as three trips in Timmber Wolf but it is annoying, especially since one of the missing things is my favorite pair of black pants!

Among the missing were Geoff's studfinder and level but these gave me the necessary leverage to push him over the edge to finally get a good size toolchest. I mentioned this at the end of a previous blog, Odds, ends & change but at the time it was still a work in progress. As I said there:

"One of the things I finally got insistent about with Geoffrey was that he get a tool chest, a good sized roll around tool chest so he could consolidate the close to a dozen different toolboxes he had in various places in the garage and the corner junk room. It was so bad that he sometimes had to hunt for a particular tool for hours before he could do something and I was tired of it! I also could never find a tool when I needed it"

At the time it was still a work in progress as he gradually got all those toolboxes emptied and sorted and developed the various drawer contents and labels. He really got carried away with this new garage area space ... so much so that after we did the final labels yesterday he posted a picture and wrote about it on his Face Book page!



It looks much better now with the proper labels which I managed to put on with only one slightly crooked (Measuring on the upper right) and none of them have wrinkles or air bubbles. He had in fact gotten so carried away that he got a wooden work bench and put it up against the wall to the left of the rolling tool chest.

For those with the discerning eye you may have noticed that on the right end of the chest there are wires which, yes, are a live plug in, sourced from the round yellow cord holder over to the left on the wall. Now, those of you who know Geoff probably realize that this area may get pretty piled up and messy but at least it gathers it all into one area!

And for the curious ... no, Geoff has not yet found the level or studfinder. I figure they won't show up until he buys new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment