Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Homeward Bound

It rained off and on all night at the park ... we had arrived late in the rain and simply plugged in and soon gone to bed. We unplugged and left early in the morning ... wet but not raining at the moment anyway. 

Heading west on I-40 it was hills, fog and even mountains. I keep thinking we've finally driven out of the rain and then mist appears on the windshield turning into rain .. again. 

After a stop in Russellville, Arkansas for fuel and then in New Albany, Mississippi, for a late lunch/early dinner at a Captain D's, we headed on I-40 for Memphis where we picked up I-22 for Birmingham, Alabama, crossing into Alabama a little after 4, finding sunshine and enough sun to cause shadows! 

We know we are getting closer to home, Troy, Alabama, has a Publix! We finally stopped for the night, boondocking at a rest area just north of Dothan, Alabama. I think if we had been just a little closer Geoff would have kept driving to get home. We left the rest area just after six in the morning local time. Soon we were on I-10 headed east, stopping at Exit 192 for breakfast and fuel. We arrived home by 2:30 pm. 

When Geoff gets on that homeward leg he just keeps plugging along meanwhile, I sit in the passenger seat and try to at least make notes about what I see although deciphering these notes once I get home can get interesting. Like, what is the notation "www.fishwagon.com" ? At least looking it up online can give me a clue ...

Aahhh ... I must have seen one of their interesting looking trucks. Fish Wagon is a pond stocking company, loading fish at the hatchery and delivering them to people with ponds! I knew ponds and lakes were often stocked with fish but never thought about how! Fish Wagon's website says they handle catfish, bass, carp, bluegill, koi, and other species. 

Cooling towers ... what is that about? Oh, now I remember, I think it was in Alabama driving through some mountains ... at least twice we saw what seemed like smoke rising in the distance but a few more turns and we can see enough of the base of the tower to know what it is.

Now all we had to do was unload our stuff and get the RV toilet fixed ... again! This time we decided to keep Wolf in our driveway for a day or two and take off everything and get it sorted out. I know we were carrying around things we had ended up not wanting or needing ... sort of a spring cleaning for Wolf. 

We also got an appointment made for Wolf to get his plumbing fixed! Good thing we stopped to do that, it is busy season apparently and the soonest we could get an appointment was three weeks away! So Wolf is resting in his den and tomorrow goes to the repair place. Has anyone mentioned that RV's can be money pits?

No comments:

Post a Comment