Friday, May 18, 2018

The adventure cometh ...

We headed out at a reasonably early hour and headed back home, stopping for some lunch at the same Cracker Barrel we had stopped at on the way up. We thought we'd made it through a whole trip without any 'adventures' as our mishaps have come to be called.

Traffic wasn't bad, just a pleasant Sunday drive, with me following Geoff in the Wolf as we'd done on the way up. And then ... a white rectangle comes flying at me in the Outback. I ducked (mentally anyway) and the thing landed on the highway in front of me and I ran over it. No, the car wasn't damaged.

I thought about this for a moment and asked Geoffrey if he thought it had come from Wolf. (We were using our communications gear so we could talk to each other on the trip up and back.) He hadn't a clue what I was talking about so when traffic allowed, I pulled alongside the drivers side of Wolf ... uh oh! There is the refrigerator access area ... with NO cover! It was totally missing and clearly the white rectangle that flew at me was the outside access hatch to the refrigerator.



Other than that we arrived home in good order and pulled up across the bottom of the drive to unload PoGoGo and the stuff in the frig and then I followed Geoff down to Wolf's den where we found the ever attentive folks there had put in a higher back pole so Geoff could see where he was parking!


The next day was a Monday and we headed for our local Camping World, reporting our adventure. The last people in that hatch would have been the work they had done on it shortly before our departure so we'll see what happens when it comes to payment although it looks like we won't be charged for the replacement.

Fortunately, they had one in stock or at least readily available and Wolf is resting at Camping Ground, a second home for him I think, while they paint and install the replacement cover. While they are at it we are having bug covers added to the horizontal slots in the hatch cover and new windshield wiper blades installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment