Thursday, June 2, 2016

Betwixt and Between



Otherwise known as trying to be patient until it is time to go! And yet on pins and needles about whether the dealer will have Timmber Wolf ready to go this coming week. Supposedly we were to have it back on Wednesday June 1st but even the 2nd or 3rd would do. Later than  that means sometime the week of the 6th and our departure date is first thing in the morning on the 6th so delaying that long would not be good. Last heard from they were “waiting on parts” an ambiguous phrase that makes me very nervous!

Most of what could be done ahead of time has been done with a few items needing to be done to Wolf when we have it back and then all the last minute stuff to be loaded on board: clothes; technical items like the Puppy Pad (RV GPS), the laptops, etc.; and of course the perishables for the frig and freezer. We have lists of it all so supposedly nothing gets left behind.

We have the plans and the lists but Timmber Wolf is held hostage at the dealers and even if we had it here we couldn’t leave yet since I have a doctor’s appointment on Friday but none of that makes me any less anxious to get on the road.

Looking at the five day weather forecast, rain and thunderstorms start Saturday afternoon and persist through our scheduled early morning departure on Monday so loading is going to be fun (read WET!) if we don’t get it done by mid-day on Saturday. At least by the look of it on weather.com and the 5 day forecast, we will run out of the rain on Tuesday.

Geoff says I have to go ahead and get used to using my laptop instead of this desktop so after I finish this it is going to get interesting for a bit … pardon any computer awkwardness in the near future! One of the things that helps is we have set up Drop Box on the computers. For those who are not familiar with it, Drop Box lets you set up a cloud space where you can keep whatever files you want access to from more than one computer. I’ve put the various files that have to do with our trip like the spreadsheets for fuel mileage and the itinerary plans in the Drop Box folder and it can be accessed not just from my desk top computer where I originally set it up but also from my laptop or Geoffrey’s or even from my tablet (a new toy I am not very good at yet).

A few minutes have passed and now I am on my laptop … when I opened this it insisted that this document is “locked by Holly Timm” and I cannot edit it! It goes on to tell me I can open it as a different file and “merge the changes” later a function I can NOT seem to find anywhere!! Arrgh!! This old lady is realizing that she has to learn a bunch of new things!


1 comment: